My Life

London Calling

It’s been a rough work week for me. We had a MAJOR outage on some of our biggest websites and it made the news 😭. So I was in overdrive mode just trying to catch up from the backlog of all of that. Good news is that my bosses are thrilled with me. Personally, things have gone to shit lately. Professionally, I’ve been soooo on my game, even the worst of circumstances.

We left Kauai. Every single time it’s time to leave that little island… I feel like I’m leaving a piece of a home. This time was more difficult because… it’s all so up in the air. I don’t know when I’m coming back at the moment. Everything seems so up in the air. And my whole life is packed into this tiny suitcase. Which in someways is freeing, but in otherways… makes my heart heavy.

We flew back to California and had a really long layover. Which gives me enough time to get my dog Cliff settled in at my parents house and to check in on them and their health. Davide and I cruised by our old neighborhood and went to the beach. Then we met up with a bunch of friends at my favorite Mexican restaurant, so I could stuff myself full of tacos and margaritas. And just laugh as much as I can… before we jump on a red eye to NYC.

I really didn’t want a 20hr travel day, and was able to find some incredibly cheap flights, so we broke up our travels over a few days with long layovers in a few of my favorite cities.

In NYC we grabbed my favorite ramen. Then we went for a long walk in the park, we sat in the green grass and kissed and talked. Afterwards we went to my favorite bakery for cookies. Then hopped on the subway to Brooklyn to grab some pizza with one of my favorite coworkers. We stayed out, grabbed drinks, and went dancing. Before heading back to our hotel room to clean up again, grab our luggage and hop on a flight to Dublin.

I was so completely exhausted by the second red eye, I just slept the whole flight. In Dublin we checked into our hotel early, cleaned up and then Davide took me a castle and finally went brewery hopping.

The time change was a bit rough on me so I went back to our room to go to bed at a decent time, Davide stayed out and met up with a old friend of his.

In the morning we woke up crazy early and caught the first flight out to London, with just enough time to spare to check into our hotel, and sprint down to the lobby for my work to start at 9am. It was a whirlwind to get here… but felt like we got SO much done.

Davide and I travel well together, so it’s been fun to get back to the travel fun and has also allowed us to have some very difficult conversations in a realllllly great way lately. I have lots to write about there soon. I’m so lucky to have him. He’s incredible.

So now I’m in London working this week. It’s been jam packed, but I have so much on my mind that I need to write about.

About Monica

Living in Newport Beach and Kauai. When I'm not cuddling my adorable dachshund puppy, surfing, or reading, you'll find me on here writing about my love life, loss, and everything in between.

0 comments on “London Calling

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: